Our Guiding Principles
|Youth with good family support have better outcomes.
For families to be effective supporters they need support and
they need to be empowered!
- Everyone has a right to quality mental healthcare when and where they need it.
- Everyone is entitled to be treated with respect & dignity
- Parents have a right to be engaged, as they play a valuable role in their child’s treatment and recovery plan
- Parents know their child best – they hold the benchmark of when their child is well
- Parents are empowered by knowledge
- Parents are their child’s advocate
- Recovery is real and Hope is a vital part of recovery
- Stigma must be eliminated