Service Providers · Family Support Organizations · For Information on Mental Health
Helping Child & Youth Cope With Stress · Self Harm/Cutting
- Crossroads Children’s Centre www.crossroadschildren.ca/
The Crossroads Children’s Centre is a fully accredited children’s mental health centre that provides services for children up to age 12 and their families. Service in English only
- Youth Services Bureau: www.ysb.on.ca/
We work with youth (aged 12 to 20) and their families to help with all sorts of issues, like anxiety, substance abuse, family conflict, and violence. Bilingual services.
- Roberts Smart Centre: http://www.robertssmartcentre.com
Provides specialized clinical service to improve the lives of youth living with complex behavioral and emotional needs.
- Centre Psychosocial www.centrepsychosocial.ca/
Centre francophone en santé mentale pour les enfants,les jeunes et leur famille de la grande région d’Ottawa. French language services.
- Maison Fraternite: www.maisonfraternite.ca
Offre des services en français, dans une perspective psycho-sociale, aux personnes résidant en Ontario. French language services.
- On Track: www.treatpsychosisearly.ca
The On Track program is a community service of The Ottawa Hospital. We provide care to people aged 16 to 64 who are experiencing psychosis.
- Dave Smith Treatment Centre : www.davesmithcentre.org/
The alcohol and drug abuse programs offered are designed for youth, with support available for families of youths with addictions
- Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario: http://www.cheo.on.ca/en/cheomentalhealth
Offers a broad range of both hospital and community-based services for children and youth (aged 0 – 18) and their families — spanning prevention and early intervention to more intensive diagnostic and treatment services. In addition, CHEO and The Royal partner to provide an integrated system of specialized psychiatric services. Bilingual services
- Royal Ottawa Mental Health Centre: http://www.theroyal.ca
The Royal Ottawa Health Care Group is a specialized mental health centre to treat people with complex and serious mental illness across Eastern Ontario
- Canadian Mental Health Association: www.cmhaottawa.ca
is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting good mental health, developing and implementing support systems and services and encouraging public action to strengthen community mental health services and related policies and legislation.
Back to Top
Family Support Organizations
- PLEO: Parent’s Lifelines of Eastern Ontario www.pleo.on.ca
Provides support to parents/caregivers with children, youth and young adults (ages 0 to 24_ living with mental health challenges
- Parent’s for Children’s Mental Health www.pcmh.ca
Provincial organization of which PLEO is the Ottawa Chapter
- Schizophrenia Society: www.schizophrenia.on.ca
We make a positive difference in the lives of people, families and communities affected by Schizophrenia and Psychotic Illnesses.
- Hopewell Eating Disorders: www.hopewell.ca/
Offering knowledge, support and hope to those affected by eating disorders.
- Mood Disorders Ottawa MDO: www.mooddisordersottawa.ca/
MDO is a registered, nonprofit volunteer-run organization that supports people with mood disorders and their loved ones.
- GLBTTQ: http://www.centretownchc.org
Works with partners in the community to improve services and increase awareness of youth GLBTTQ issues. We work closely with local groups including the Ottawa Carleton District School Board and Ottawa Positive Spaces. Our team is available for workshops and training.
- NAMI Ontario – National Alliance on Mental Illness : www.namiontario.ca
Founded in the United States in 1979, the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) is a non-profit, grassroots, self-help, support and advocacy organization of consumers, families, and friends of people with severe mental illnesses, such as schizophrenia, major depression, bipolar disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and anxiety disorders.
Back to Top
For Information on Mental Health
The Child and Youth Mental Health Information Network (CYMHIN) is a loosely-structured cooperative amongst several large organizations that provide information about children’s mental health problems, in the province of Ontario.
Children’s Mental Health Ontario promotes environments that support positive mental health and quality children’s mental health services
Back to Top
Helping Child & Youth Cope With Stress
Back to Top
Back to Top